Welcome to ASGC!
Advanced Rocketry Workshop
2nd Place Lunabotics team University of Alabama
UAH Space Hardware Club Outreach BalloonSat Launch
Director's Welcome Letter - Director Dr. John C. Gregory provides an overview of ASGC
Contact Us – Contact information for ASGC staff and associates
Find Us – Directions to our office and mailing address
Factsheet – Summary of information about ASGC
WELCOME to the website of the Alabama Space Grant Consortium (ASGC). Our consortium, led by Dr. John C. Gregory, Director, with a statewide team of campus directors and affiliate representatives, is part of The National Space Grant College and Fellowship Program, established by Congress in 1989 and administered by NASA. Space Grant contributes to the nation's science and engineering enterprise by implementing a portfolio of programs in research, education and public service projects through a national network of 52 university-based state Space Grant consortia. Nationally, the Space Grant network has 987 affiliate members from academia, industry, state and federal government agencies and nonprofit institutions.
The National Objectives of the Program are to:
- Establish a national network of universities with interests and capabilities in aeronautics, space and related fields;
- Encourage cooperative programs among universities, aerospace industry, and federal, state and local governments;
- Encourage interdisciplinary training, research and public-service programs related to aerospace;
- Recruit and train professionals, especially women and underrepresented minorities, for careers in aerospace science, technology, and allied fields; and
- Promote a strong science, math, and technology educational base from elementary through university levels.
The Mission of the Alabama Space Grant Consortium is to:
- Inspire, enable and educate a diverse group of Alabama students to take up careers in space science, aerospace technology and allied fields;
- Play our part in assuring U.S. leadership in space exploration and aerospace technology in the future;
- Inspire the next generation of space explorers (precollege programs);
- Bring increased realization of the value of space science and technology to the people of Alabama; and
- Insure that our message and our programs reach all constituencies in the population of Alabama, especially those traditionally under-represented in the science and engineering professions.
Our Vision is:
- An increased level of appreciation, participation and leadership by the people of Alabama in our national space exploration and aerospace engineering enterprises.
Advanced Rocketry Workshop